Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Writing Life--Updated

Every writer knows the importance of discipline and routine to creativity. Even if we're really lousy at maintaining those things, they are something we strive for, or imagine we'll get the knack of eventually, at least. But there are times when life--real everyday life--shoves its way to the front and the writing life is out of necessity placed on hold. The past several months have been one of those times, which you know if you've been following here.

But as my real life begins to assume some sort of order out of chaos, I'm finding a place, if a somewhat modified one, for my writing life again. As much as I'm a wife, a mother, and a person, I'm also a writer, which means I need to write. Another fact of this new life is that I still need to earn a living. The pennies I earn from my writing are more important than ever now.

So, I'm pulling on my big girl writer panties and picking up the fallen strings of my writer's life with a renewed sense of purpose. Finding time--or making time--in each day to write, to promote, to put my writer self out there, may be more difficult than it was before, but it also feels really good! There were already a number of projects in the works, so I had a good place to begin. More on those as they progress, so stay tuned!

For now, there are a couple of promotions coming up this week I want to share here.

First--
Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise) - Kindle edition by Karen Welch. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. 

Then--
Hearts Unfold (Miracle at Valley Rise Book 1) - Kindle edition by Karen Welch. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. 

And of course--every Friday right here on the blog a new installment of --

And finally--drum roll, please!

Coming in August (or September)

The Audiobook!


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment