Monday, April 22, 2013

From Me to You


 
For a limited time I'm offering you the opportunity to give or own a custom autographed copy of your favorite title (or titles) in the Miracle at Valley Rise Series.


Now before you decide I'm off on some kind of ego trip and fancy my sad little signature something special, let me explain.  When I first started selling books locally, I was skeptical when someone suggested I should do a book signing.  First of all, I'm nobody famous.  I'm not even someone who wants to be famous.  Secondly, my handwriting is really awful!  So what would be the benefit of having me mark up the title page of your perfectly good book?  Well, after a lot of arm-twisting, I got over it.  Now, if you buy a copy of one my books from the stock I carry in the trunk of my car, I'll even ask you how you want it signed.  My handwriting hasn't improved, but no one's complained so far.

Not long ago, a reader emailed me asking if she could ship me her copy of one of my books so I could autograph it for her.  She'd given me so much encouragement from the beginning of this venture, of course I was thrilled that she even thought to ask me.  Then she promised not to sell it on ebay when I was famous, which took me from humility to hilarity.  I love my readers for believing in me as a writer when I still can't really believe I am a writer.  I wish I could meet all of them and tell them face to face how much their support means to me.

Unfortunately, I live in the middle of the country, far from major cities where there might be more opportunities to do signings.  My family responsibilities prohibit me from traveling much, so there's little likelihood of ever making my fantasy book tour. It seems the only way I'll meet my readers is through the wonder of the Internet.  So why not use that connection to do a signing?  I'm so eager to hear from anyone who'd like a signed copy, I'll even reduce the price!

Just email me at welchkaren@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook at Author Karen Welch and we'll work out the details.  I'm told signed books make unique gifts, and Mother's Day is coming up.   Or just make up an occasion to give a special friend something they can't get anywhere else.  Or here's an idea, treat yourself to a copy, just because you want to!  I look forward to hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment